View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 12:05 PM #3514
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I liked that it didn't really HAVE a villain. It had a minor one for the sake of action and one that wasn't really a villain at all, just someone trying to save herself... but the real "villains" were tackling the quantum realm, and the "race" to do all of this stuff and not get caught breaking house arrest. It was interesting in that the latter was really the major "threat" of the movie - the villain himself wasn't much of a threat - the danger for Ant Man himself was the risk of going to prison forever.

Also, the mid-credits sequence...
Spoiler:

it partly shows (I think) just why there were so few scenarios in Dr Strange's "14 million futures" where they "win". As, fairly obviously at this point, the quantum realm is going to play a large part in the next Avengers film, so it was probably necessary that Ant Man end up stranded there at the end of the movie. And that requires PERFECT timing. He only "goes in" for a matter of seconds... which means, Thanos has to "snap his fingers" exactly in that window of time. A few seconds earlier and it's before Scott's gone into the quantum realm. A few seconds later, and the Pimms are around for long enough to have pulled him out before disappearing. Meaning that the various things that happen in the final fights (on Titan and in Wakanda, Thor getting the axe to slow him down at the last second) have to delay him from getting the last stone for just long enough to hit that window. Any slight difference and it fails
Yeah, I really liked how different it all was really. It really broke away from a lot of MCU tropes.

Spoiler:

Yeah, that sounds like a good theory, the Quantum realm could hold the secrets to time travel that will be instrumental in undoing all those deaths.

It did annoy me that Wasp and Michelle Pfeiffer got dusted though, I expected Micheal Douglas to go but I thought it felt a bit of a poor decision to get rid of both of those characters. They'll obviously be back but I hope both aren't reduced to cameos in Avengers 4, Michelle already got done dirty in this film.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote