Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I watched and I don't see the point (similar to Niamh)... I have to disagree where people treat tweets/social media outrage as "valid" expression, when most of it is hypocritical, as they are bullying those who disagree with them... these sorts of things are just distractions for the bored folk. I think if these same individuals argued like this in person, it wouldn't occur to people that this event was in any way "significant"... I think we tend to care more in these cases, because 1) these are two people who obviously believe their own hubris and for fans that's enough to validate their behavior, 2) it's on camera... concern trolls are only concerned for as long as it's entertaining for them... 3) there's obviously a side benefit to take it that far, as this is what was expected by this match-up to begin with, i.e. it's entertaining... more ratings gold, i.e. the real purpose...

What it looked to me was two people who were going toe-to-toe engaged in a game of one-ups-manship to one-up each other... two very distinct egos there, so it's not like it's two friends having a falling out... there was no real "beef" so to speak except that both are full of themselves... both knew they would never see eye to eye, so that's a bit disingenuous on either end to pretend that being party to this was any different... maybe they went outside their audience/brand, but on any of those reality chick fighting shows (as I like to call them), this would be be par for course...

And it's all over nothing really, as this the epitome of privilege to be so riled up enough to think that other people even care about our every internal thought-process/feeling... just because someone airs an actual thought in their head unfiltered, we have to come down on them for breaking a "taboo"... it is a 1st world problem...

The public feel the need to insert themselves into every aspect of stranger's lives on social media, which is fine, that's pretty much what social media is there for ... simple... this situation is not even unique to the outrage machine which has fits of rage over the stupidest of slights... which ironically, often manifests itself as a form of crowd-sourced bullying on a regular basis to "get their point across"... by harassing commenters/celebrities who think any differently...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote