View Single Post
Old 30-09-2018, 09:02 PM #79

Default Brett Kavanaugh accused by several women of sexual assault right before elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
It's not really a criminal investigation though, it's just interviewing people and offering a brief... they can't subpoena... apparently, they have less ability to investigate than the Senate... I had read...

The more I read about it, asking for an FBI investigation in general seems like a sham, period. I think he should be confirmed, and they can try to impeach him, call for an actual investigation... instead of these half-steps... because the point there is just to delay... they were happy, nodding in agreement about the one-week investigation when it was asked for... and now they're unhappy and say it should be indefinite. The point is to delay, not to find the truth...

There is no statue of limitations in MD for sexual assault, which I did not know having lived there nearly a decade ... that is where my husband was raised... so she could've reported it to the police at any time and opened up an investigation... the reason they did it this way was for a political reason... little to do with actual justice...

BTW, maybe unrelated, but MD is very very blue and the culture there is progressive by default... so it's not like the local politics would've kept her from being able to file a suit/criminal case... she would've had a lot of backing there. More conservative POVs are not very welcome there... and her being a psychology professor and acting as she did not know the best way interview assault victims (i.e. what would've helped them to give a recall in a helpful manner, etc)... that's a red flag... when it was her field, psychological research... there are inconsistencies in her testimony as well, but you know... that's just how the cookie crumbles... these are not perfect human beings and anyone who is put under this much scrutiny is going to show cracks... that's anyone... so it doesn't really mean she is lying, or that he is guilty... in my view...

I think the questions about alcohol and how much he drank too were leading... that wouldn't have flown in an actual court... he didn't have a lawyer objecting to several of those questions, he represented himself... I prefer that he was upfront and said "That question is BS", than a lawyer to sit there and go like "nope..." ... both refused to answer the question(s) given when they suspected the reasoning was more politically-motivated...

The only solution is a real trial/investigation... the FBI anyway has shown to have political bias in recent years, so it's probably better for them to file a criminal case in MD... which some congress folk have I think? But again, this can happen even if he is accepted... but the paranoia/scrutiny that they have for him being angry on the stand is a bit ridiculous, considering that most of our politics, since this hearing was basically all about that...

Edit: Kept adding stuff as thoughts kept streaming in... because you know ...

Incidentally ... google those two 'terms' he wrote on his calendar:diary ...

He said under oath that Devil's Triangle was a drinking game yet it appears to be a sex act involving two males and one female , then he said a BOOF was a term for 'flatulence' and yet it appears to be a reference to anal sex !!

Why would he put an entry for farting on a calendar ??

All sounds very ominous ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zizu; 30-09-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote