Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

@Vicky, what a wonderful post... I see others here have added some interesting material too. I will have to get through your links and think on it a bit... on first read, I do agree with you, it seems like a topic you can keep extrapolating until it is an essay... but actually, if we are quite passionate on a topic, that's to be expected imo. I don't feel like people don't read my posts because of length, so I think post more like this ... even if they scan-read, it's still very informative, and helps laypersons to see the multiple dimensions of an issue...

I think SD is a great platform for that. It does get monotonous when it's simply just "I hate XYZ... "... 3 sentences on why XYZ sucks and most is highly emotional... I like to know why people come to their conclusions... and your post in particular, seem like you are quite intuitive as well in your thought processes. Sometimes we "know" before we know, but looking at the information you presented. I can easily see why you feel so strongly on this issue.

Just in the short, because other people brought it up--on the MRA thing. Unrelated to your posts, but just my thoughts. I know you're probably talking about the more extreme variety. I don't think it is a bad thing there are men's right's activist group in general though. I'm sure the core of the moment is occupied by all sorts of loser-ish folk... just like I feel that way with the women's movement atm ... but there are men who really don't have any other outlet. So they take to things like social media, Twitter, YT and it comes out in a very unhealthy manner... "well you women this and that you did stuff"... all about the yous and the Is... something I purposefully filter out of my posts as needed, because I know they tend to be littered in posts of folk who are very irate and reactionary... and it does automatically send the reader's mood/perception of those opinions as the "you versus them" category...

I don't think this push-back towards men for having any sort of dissenting opinion at all is very healthy. Like in the US, just general people... particularly men, speaking up for issues relating to white-folk and their perception of current issues. They're automatically put into the alt-right bucket in the mainstream, and so to the average folk, is that is their "ear piece" to that side of things... they may not want to have these discussions and may automatically disregard all men on the basis of those topics. That's really not healthy for discourse in a country... and I think that's a large part of why we are where we are at, is this keenness for ignorance on issues of sex-matters.

So instead, we get the loudest of folk who speak for us instead... and let's be honest. Those people really suck at that unofficial job.

Anyway, that is why I liked to hear your view, because it's not in the mainstream... and it's something I would never hear otherwise unless I had asked. I don't think relations between the sexes is as bad as either groups would say... (MRA, Feminists, etc)... but there's decades of rust there that needs to be gotten through first before we can reopen our hearts and minds the proper way... after all, men have been told the issue was resolved and it doesn't required their input, just their compliance. Women on the other hand, do enjoy an upper-hand in the media. It's not very often at all we ever hear about men's issues... particularly with sexual violence and domestic violence. Which unfortunately I know several victims... and we never hear from trans-men either... What is up with that? Is there a stigma that hangs over that that we are unaware of?

And I don't think the media is has enough itself enough proper balance for these issues to be redressed... Anyway, my passions will always be for the children and the disabled... who really do get have it much worse than any group.

But yes, I will have to come back to your post specifically... the group analysis-es you mentioned... because I want to.

As it relates to trans, we have to admit though, that this tension between the biological sexes that has risen is playing out in a bad way for trans-folk... almost like the child *(we'll call them "Taylor")*, in a bad divorce...

"I love Taylor more and I treat them much better than you ever did!"... "But I have Taylor's best interests, and I'll be the one paying for most of it... you spoil them too much!"... etc
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote