View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 04:51 PM #12
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Up until the point of the last court case against Pret, if a business makes food on the premises then they were not required by the law to list ingredients at all. By doing any food labelling they were going above and beyond, so I think the criticism of them is a little bit unfounded. The reason the law remained like that is to help small operations, sandwich shops, tea rooms, cafes, who may not have the finance or the staff to label food made on the premises. Reforms are being put in place now, slamming the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It must be terrible to have a food allergy, being aware that eating anything you're not 100% sure of couldn't just make you sick, but could actually kill you. So I'm really surprised that people with such serious allergies would put their trust - and their life - in the hands of a sandwich shop. I'd be inclined only to use places I was sure of, or take food with me. That's not to say that I'm not sympathetic to the people who've died, what a terrifying way to go.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote