27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

For the first time ever what I think will happen is what I want to happen. Kim Joy will most likely win.

Every year, and like most shows, the producers create characters and arcs which usually leave us with someone with experience of pro-baking (Kim Joy), someone who lacks confidence and doesn't realise their own talent (Rahul), and a home baker that can be fairly hit and miss but does well on the whole (Ruby). I don't believe we had any pro bakers this year, so Kim Joy has taken that role as a fairly consistent contestant.

It's is very rare in GBBO (I think completely unheard of iirc) that the 'pro-baker' comes out the winner, and part of the reason why I think Kim Joy will win.

Ruby is simply too similar to Candice, and so I think they'll avoid choosing her as the winner partly for that reason. Also I think her 'stereotype' was the winner last year (I genuinely can't remember anything about her but I remember Steven being the pro and i forgot who the third was) so theyll switch it up. This gives her the lowest chance - but if she thrashes the other two I think she will take the win regardless. Judging from past though, I think the final will be relatively level.

Rahul could stand a chance of winning as it's been a while since his 'stereotype' won the show (the last being Nadiya) but he has had two consecutiveley poor weeks as well as a few misses prior so I think it's unlikely he will win.

Kim Joy on the other hand has not only been consistent, but we have seen a development in her character throughout the show. I think she has the best chance of winning, and unless she completely mucks up she probably will.