Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Tommy
BB19: Akeem

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Tommy
BB19: Akeem

many factors

Here are the main ones IMO

All FEMALE BB8 launch (how the hell did they think this would work. The show needed to cater for all audiences not just 1 specific)

**Biggest one I believe which is often overlooked
The first week of BB8 averaged 4.7m (which is pretty good tbh)
The 2nd week ratings dropped down massively to 3.1m. The reason for this was going up against BGT in the 9pm slot for 7 days.
In the 3rd week there was a slight surge back to 3.9m but around 600k viewers left BB at BGT week and never ever ever came back (that's so sad tbh).

Then it was the cult of deadwood in BB8

Also it was the random scheduling again in BB8 where some episodes were randomly at 10pm and some at 9pm with no consistency.

BB8 lasting 94 days when all the big characters had gone by Week9.

BB9 returning and thinking 4m would stay for a 3 month series. That was never gonna happen

BB9 should've shrunk back to 9-10 weeks and focused on bringing more entertaining housemates rather than "nice" people. That said BB9 is very underrated and it should've aired in 2007 instead of BB8. Maybe then it would've got the love it deserved.

Basically BB8 damaged the whole franchise and by the time BB9 came viewers just didn't care about Big Brother anymore.

I actually think had there been a PROPER CBB in January 2008 instead of Hijack there was a good chance figures could stick at the mid/low 4m's.

But I also think that had BB stayed above 3m it wouldn't have been axed by Ch4.

Many different factors I'd be interested to hear other people's.

Feel free to quote me and agree or disagree.
CiaraNelly2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote