I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Sinead O’Connor converts to Islam and changes her name to Shuhada Davitt

Quote:
Irish rock star Sinead O’Connor has converted to Islam and changed her name to Shuhada Davitt, with shuhada meaning ‘martyrs’ or ‘witnesses’ in Arabic.

Her decision comes after she changed her name last year to Magda Davitt and took up the Catholic faith.

In a message to her followers on Twitter, she wrote: ‘This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim.

‘This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada.’

The 51-year-old also changed her profile picture to ‘Wear A Hijab: JUST DO IT,’ followed by a Nike tick, a play on the sports company’s tagline.

She had previously also been ordained a priest by the Irish Orthodox and Apostolic Church back in the 1990s, but she appears to have closed the door on Christianity for good.

In a follow up tweet, she posted a video of herself singing the Adhan, the Islamic call to prayer.

‘Here is my attempt at singing the Asan [sic]. I got some pronouncition [sic] wrong because emotions took me from my page…but there’ll be hundreds of others onstage to come.’
https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/25/sinea...-name-8075532/

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote