View Single Post
Old 29-10-2018, 04:53 PM #104
Banned

Banned

I thought it was very good, I liked the subtext of the film and
Spoiler:

The role reversal at the end with Laurie essentially pulling off all the horror villain tropes against Micheal.

I kinda think it's a film that's equally smart and dumb though as I thought the characters made too many dumb decisions to facilitate the plot and I think they made him a bit too unstoppable and overly strong at parts.

Spoiler:

A man in his 60's who has been inactive for 40 years is not going to throw around people like he does at the petrol station and such. I think they made him too Jason-esque at parts when he should have been threatening because of how smart of a character he is when it comes to stalking his victims. Him being fine after being run over at full speed was also silly.

Also scenes like Alison's dad going out of the safehouse that was Laurie's home to investigate an obviously suspicious car made me roll my eyes. Horror films require it's characters to make mistakes but they don't have to make dumb ones.

I liked the themes of trauma and empowerment though and outside of the spotty horror film logic writing, I thought the writing overall was pretty good as was the direction.

I'd say it's a solid 8/10.

I don't need a sequel though, I thought that was the perfect place to end it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote