View Single Post
Old 30-10-2018, 03:08 AM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Ch5 BB has worshipped Housemates with far right wing views such as Katie Hopkins.

Thankfully the public rebelled against those types of Housemates most years, but you do get the odd Jim Davidson victories on this show that disgusts me personally.
That's two housemates. Hopkins (who is not "far right" btw) was not "worshipped" by anyone and was almost certainly disliked by most of the production team who nevertheless understood her to be a good housemate. Davidson was an old fashioned comedian who made a name for himself in the 70s and 80s when the jokes we find "offensive" today were standard fare. He was probably the last of those older comedians to still be on television in the 90s. He was always likely to be the runaway winner because of the profile he once had and his lack of competition.

How a show that has consistently promoted every fashionable cause of the liberal progressive left over the years can be said to be promoting a right wing agenda is beyond me. The reason they like Cameron as a winner is probably because (1) he's the same age as the show and (2) he's a "journey" housemate who came out as gay during his time in there. The only thing "right wing" about him is that he doesn't like feminism much and admires Winston Churchill.

I would add also that there is evidence that the production team fought to keep Lewis in and that it was Channel 5 who made the decision to kick him out. That rings true to me because of the decisions that have helped Lewis stay in longer than he might otherwise have done up until he said whatever he said.
Yaki da is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote