Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Sniper View Post
That is utter nonsense. Firstly, in mickey mouse, low-turnover events such as this, bookies liabilities could never get out of control. Secondly, if their book did become heavily unbalanced, ask yourself why he only briefly went slight odds-on..and remained backable @ evs or above? At no point was he cut drastically to odds which suggested he was 75-90% likely to win(which has happened many times in the past) even though that's the ridiculous impression his fanatical supporters were giving..like he had it sewn up, "in the bag". The simple truth is his win was anything but "in the bag". He had a 50-50 chance at best. That chance might have increased with the favoured editing in the home stretch, but it's no certainty that it wouldn't have decreased. Worthy or not, "favs" are there to be beaten..and many times we'll see just that. I remember that bitch Katie Hopkins being heavy odds-on fav to win her series,, and what happened? KP(who was readily available to back around 4/1) ran all over her. More recently, the last I checked on the US odds, douchebag Tyler was 2/5. And we all know what happened there

Lastly, bookies are independent firms. They have no say/sway on the outcome of any event(from non-affiliated organizations) they've decided to accept bets on.

The simple fact is Lewser said something disgusting enough warrant the boot. We don't have to be shown, or know specifically what he said. His acceptance of it, his apology(as forced and insincere as it was) is enough to tell us even HE KNOWS they had him bang to rights. Add to that Brooke's look(when being told of his expulsion) which said "yep, I knew it. I knew he wouldn't get away with that. I knew they'd remove him for saying something so abhorrent"..

So, his supporters need to wise the **** up and realise that he(and they - as loyal supporters of 1 giant ego that almost certainly views them as inferior peasants..) have actually been let off the hook by omitting his repugnant views.

What we can say is, IF he'd been a more likeable character, IF he'd shown some class, IF he'd shown a humbleness, IF he'd got out of his own ass long enough to take other perspectives on board, IF he hadn't shown a desire to control everything and everyone around him, IF he hand't been a petulant little bitch, IF he hand't been treating the show and the rest of the competition like they were all beneath him etc.. there's a fair chance that any such repugnant "slip of the tongue" might just have been swept under the rug. As it was, it allowed the decision maker/s(who obviously aren't impressed by the moron) to give him the chop..and have zero guilt over not doing him any favour.

Excellent post, Pro-sniper. You are spot on with every point you make here about Lewis and about bookies.

The only way I differ is that I feel the incident should have been shown, even if words needed to be bleeped out. This view has nothing to do with money or voting for me, but is more to do with the fact that viewers have invested in the series by watching it every night for weeks, and I feel that deserves transparency regarding what happened.

Like you, though, I do agree that it would probably be to Lewis' detriment if the truth was revealed.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote