View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:19 PM #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
It's been like this for a while now, the Big Brother fandom is toxic and one of the worst in television

From the obsessive stanning at the expense of any rationality (like these examples), to scouring the social media profiles of housemates for buzzwords to try and "expose" them (as if it has any relevance to what they'll be like in the house), to liking/disliking housemates based on who their favourite personally gets on with (as if we're living in the house), to the endless accusations of bullying which are beyond absurd, the incessant insults about people's appearances (as if it's Next Top Model) and casting aspersions on how good a parent people are, to taking this show so seriously that a few arguments/negative behaviour makes a housemate "scum", as well as the false pretense that supporting or voting for these kind of housemates is "rewarding" people, as if the gameshow that is Big Brother is also a morality competition or a charity (and when this show hasn't been culturally relevant in a decade), to the double standards and inconsistency of championing some housemates who act certain ways while hating others who do the same, or loving some production manipulation that benefits their favourites whilst hating that which does the opposite (but pretending this isn't the case), as well as moralising about aforementioned vitriolic insults whilst being guilty of using them, to even the minor things like the general taste in housemates falling off a cliff

I'm glad it's ending quite frankly, the fandom don't deserve it

If I'm honest...it's been ugly on here for the last two years from the same old. This season I have been more 'vocal' because it sickens me with the personal attacks on housemates...