View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 PM #7

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

I enjoy the format of BB and see nothing wrong with it as long as we can discern that production are actually making effort to give us the most exciting/dramatic/entertaining twists and tasks. BB19 had great tasks and ... decent ... character development so I think if more efforts were put forward not only to develop the characters in the house but to create an atmosphere whereby they are positioned as stark opponents to eachother (hence, treating them as chess-pieces with definable characteristics which make them easier to root for) I think that Big Brother can remain a social experiment whilst also increasing viewership through the competition element.

In BB6 we had two solid camps and each person within those camps had definable character traits which set them apart from others. The only other times we even got close to this caliber of character development was BB13 with the Insiders/Outsiders and on BB10, which was massively benefited by the fact that each housemate was so easily distinguishable from the others.

So to answer the question, I think casting needs to change. We want normal people, but we want INTERESTING normal people! Oldies, intellectuals, eccentrics!!!! Once that happens it will be easier for production to edit the show in a way that gives each housemate in there a solid "role". It also needs to like actually be advertised and not just broadcast on a whim under the assumption that people will watch "because it's Big Brother"
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote