BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I notice last night on the news they made a big thing about a Muslim woman and a Mexican woman bring elected to congress and said hardly anything at all about the Native American women voted in for the first time. I'm not surprised though, it's pretty typical.
They (media) don't really care. It's always been catering to very specific demographics. That's why I think tend to believe Intersectionality is just a cover for a modern day racism. And yes anti-Semiticism as well, apparently.

It's really dubious to elect people based on their color rather than their policies/character. Most Americans are mixed-blood anyway.

GOP Elects First Korean American Woman To Congress. But You Wouldn’t Know It.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/38140...-you-paul-bois

It could also be they didn't cite the Native American lady because it probably would've brought back up the Elizabeth Warren genetic test debacle. The test showed she was whiter than White-Out, and she was particularly notorious for using Native American "heritage" to get votes.

To be fair, I don't know that I would want to make a big kerfuffle about it in the media either. It would detract from that lady's legitimate win. You know the different groups that will take credit and make it about them. That's what it ends up being about... not why she was elected, learning about her constituency, etc, but rather, the list of mainstream folk we can "thank" for "making it possible".

NM is actually on my top list for a visit. I want to go on a painting/photography trip. Maybe Arizona too. I've been on the West end of here and it's beautiful the further that direction you go. I'm kind of a plains/rocks/sand type of person.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote