Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
sex drive down, mental health problems up
but of course is the young ones fault
again
nothing to do with dysfunctional world created by older generations, they are never to blame, of course
Is there some kind of blame culture (poor term I know) against the young I don't know about in the UK? Because it seems like it's a sensitive topic sometimes... and so I'm thinking I may not post more on that subject. I'm just interested in cultural development period, how modern developments affects society. So I wouldn't say my interests are really on young people at all...but that they are the "latest" data we have on the way the needle is moving/bending... it's very interesting, the issue of low birth-rates. I would've never thought it would've been an issue growing up with our access to better health services, controsception, open-discourse about sexuality, less stigma around emotions in general... I do care a bit from a job-related perspective as well, because communications is my field.

I don't think that culture exists here. We have a sense of humor about Millennials, but let's be fair, they're running sh** now. Especially in areas like technology and creative. There's pros and cons to that, of course. But there will always be pros and cons to something In some ways, the gaps between generations has never been smaller, but then we seem so much more disconnected... I just think it's an interesting topic. Even moreso from a mental health perspective even.

Last edited by Maru; 18-11-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote