View Single Post
Old 18-11-2018, 08:35 AM #33
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
Maru i think i have heard you say before you are a mother ...You shock and amaze me at the same time....this thing you have mentioned on many occasions ...because we disagree we are "Milenials".I'm 46 my husband is 55.Hollywood sex is irelavnt to us.Think maru you have us all wrong and maybe acually listren to us rather than the media.But sure what would I Know when apparentelty I'm oly a millenial
At 46 you would be GenX not millenials, the oldest millenials are around 40 right now. There's a bit of colloquial confusion with the term too I think because a lot of people are still referring to teenagers / University age adults as "millenials " when the YOUNGEST millenials right now are around 22.

As a general rule of thumb (for 2018) it's quite "neat" if you do it roughly;

- Under 20 is Generation Z
- age 20 - 40 is Millenials
- 40 - 50 is Generation X
- 50 - 73 is boomers
- 73+ is Silent Generation (quite specific as the start date for boomers is exact; the end of WW2)

That said, us Millenials are a weird generation that really needs to be split in two to be in any way accurate of lifestyle. "youngest" millenials grew up not just with Internet, but with always-on broadband. "oldest" millenials would still have been calling each other on their parents landlines in their teens. I fall in an interesting category of "middle millenials"; childhood with no Internet at all, first dial-up modem when I was about 12, first mobile phone when I was 15. We didn't have broadband until I was 18.

Which means I grew up with no Internet, basic Internet, AND fast Internet.

NO mobile phones, basic texting phones, AND smartphones (by my early 20s).

People 5 years older than me are technically millenials but grew up very GenX style (no Internet or mobile phones). Whereas people 5 years younger than me are also millenials but "grew up fully online". There are some obvious huge differences.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote