View Single Post
Old 22-11-2018, 08:37 PM #1881
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island; Ep 08

Why did Chris not play his idol?!?! The episode itself wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be, but the outcome certainly set the rest of the season up to be terrible. I think I said during episode 3/4 that the Chris/Domenick feud was actually starting to amuse me as oppose to bemuse me. The intensity of it all was somewhat entertaining, but the outcome is a bit crap since Chris is obviously superior the other two. Honestly, I believe he could've carried the season had he stayed longer. I mean, it's a bit pathetic that two grown men are battling in what is basically a 'my dick is bigger than yours' fight for alpha-male status, but I'd say it was more pathetic on Dom's side since his hatred of Chris seemed a bit put on for the sake of a storyline.

I think what annoyed me more was Wendell's mini-me-self emulating Domenick. His voting confessional was probably one of the most obnoxious of all time. Both Wendell and Dom try too hard to have moments...if that makes sense. But quite honestly, I don't mind Domenick as much. There's enough of an erratic personality there to keep me slightly invested in him as a character.

The thing that interested me most was the concept of the four original Naviti girls sticking together to vote of Libby. I like Libby, but I think the four of them voting together and blindsiding both of the alphas would've been an enjoyable outcome to the episode...but that does mean Chris would've had to play his idol, lmao.

As for the idol/advantages, my god. I completely lost focus of who had what, like I completely forgot Michael and Wendell had idols.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote