Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

This reminded me of this story, not too long ago. Not sure if I shared it or not:

Video of teens walking on student with cerebral palsy draws strong criticism
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...ying-1.2663152

Quote:
A video showing a teen with cerebral palsy being bullied into lying in a stream so his classmates can walk over him is being widely condemned online.

Brett Corbett is a Grade 9 student at Glace Bay High School. On Wednesday he was with other students at the stream, known as the Burr-Bank, near the school.

"At first it started as a dare," Corbett said. "But then someone threatened to push me in the Burr-Bank and said 'Get on your gut,' and a girl walked on my back."

The 14-year-old said it made him feel "sad and upset."
Bullying incidents will probably become more vicious and personal as the temperature rises in society. I think because people in general are less likely to intervene and more likely to be complicit when they've perceived the person being targetted as an "outsider" to their larger peer group. There's plenty of that behavior and groupthink in the adult world, so it's not at all unreasonable that those tensions to have started to play out in the schoolyard.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote