View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 02:36 PM #1895
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Ghost Island; Ep 11 & 12

Haven't watched or posted any Survivor Ghost Island content lately, so decided to treat myself and binge-watch TWO whole episodes.

Episode 11 was actually okay. Lavita splitting into two separate tribes again was fine because the pace picked up quite nicely and it at least felt like something exciting was going to happen. The outcome itself was kinda bittersweet; we lost the robotic yet unintentionally hilarious Jenna, but finally got rid of dullard Michael (even though I did end up wanting him to stay just to split up the annoyingly overbearing Dom/Laurel/Wendell trifecta.) Did appreciate his ridiculous last-ditch effort to stay by asking Donathan to 'borrow' his idol, to which Donathan immediately replied with a straight-faced "No." lmfao.

Episode 12 was a lot more frustrating, if only because there was a chance to get rid of Wendell (who I actually dislike more than Domenick simply because he's more boring) that wasn't taken. Donathan and Laurel really should've seized that opportunity. I wasn't shocked Laurel stayed with Dom and Wendell, but I had hopes that Donathan would at least switch to the other sides. and lol, it was nice to know where Sebastien actually stood in terms of the tribe dynamic. That seemed to come from nowhere.

God love Chelsea. I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing about her or what she did this season. She seems like a perfectly normal person as far as Survivor players go, but production decided to swallow her up in the edit for god knows what reason. It's annoying because if Chelsea was a dude, she would probably be depicted as a comp-beast and be given an edit ala Joe Anglim. But she's a woman, gotta love Survivor.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote