BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
No not at all she's glad when I go away from the weekend or am on call all day in work on her days off
Codependency doesn't necessarily infer clinginess. It can just mean we become too "enmeshed" when we are around certain people. For example, we internalize other people's experiences as our own. It doesn't have to be all the time. Just enough that in certain instances, that how someone may rub us the wrong way may affect us more the way they're attached to someone we care about than if it were just another Tim, Dick & Harry off the street... codependency isn't always unhealthy either (but can complicate changes in your environment)

Maybe more likely, it just sounds like she thinks he's a prick. Because "cocky" isn't always bad... if it helps to raise your self-esteem, that's a good thing. As long as you feel it's in healthy balance with your own personality and he's not domineering with you. Maybe your mother can see things you can't, so I wonder could that if you have a close relationship. After all, it's a bit different when he is just a friend... relationship material is a different story.

I had a male best friend who I was attached with nearly daily for about a decade and he came and went from my family's home. We would take bus trips downtown and do all kinds of traveling... but had we ever got into a relationship, I don't think my family would've approved. We were too brother-sister like... keeping in my mind, my husband was never threatened when we were dating with how much time we spent to gether. Probably because yes, we argued too much... like brother and sister...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote