View Single Post
Old 13-12-2018, 02:45 PM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Confessions probably my favourite era. Everything was so cohesive and worked so well together
Am I right in saying ‘Candy Shop’ was originally going to be the lead single? Her love for it certainly suggests so I don’t actually mind it, Hard Candy is pretty underrated in general.

If she comes to Australia again definitely, I’ll try to go to as many shows as possible

I managed to see Prince live twice - once in 2012 in Melbourne and in 2016 in Sydney just a few months before he died. Was such amazing shows, I remember saying to my mum after the 2016 show that if he never came back to Australia I’d be okay with that because it was the best concert I’d ever been to. I didn’t realise of course that he’d never actually have the chance to again </3

Kylie I’ve seen twice before for the Aphrodite and Kiss Me Once tours.

I’m also quite a big Bruce Springsteen and Janelle Monáe fan
Yes, The Confessions album was brilliant, and the tour could be her best from the 00's. I saw it live and that opener for Future Lovers alone was stunning.

Yes, you're right, Madonna originally wanted "Candy Shop" for the lead single but Warners said "4 Minutes" was the strongest. "Heartbeat" would've made another good single too, same with "Beat Goes On" or "Devil..."

Prince was one of a kind...what a performer.
I enjoyed everything he did in the 80's, but his music from 96+ took a massive nosedive. I absolutely love "The Gold Experience" and wish he had released more singles from it. I wasn't keen on "Chaos and Disorder" at all, but his music did pick up again with "Musicology" and "3121".

Kylie's good live too. She's already talking about her next album and said she thinks it'll be disco inspired, which is fine by me as I prefer her when she's making disco music.

I don't know much about Janelle Monáe, but I adore Bruce Springsteen. He's another one of my idols. Have you seen him live?

Last edited by Nancy.; 13-12-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote