RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Default Gina Marie being racist to a BB fan

Quote:
Hi guys. First of all, I just want to say that I’m not sure why I’m even making this post but that I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently and I’ve decided that I was treated unfairly in this incident and want the Big Brother community to know. I have to admit that this is a throwaway account because I want to remain anonymous and I am still pretty sensitive to this incident.

A little bit about myself - I am a 5’11 Muslim, Indian-American. I wear a hijab (headscarf) so it is pretty obvious I am Muslim. I am also dark-skinned and obviously Indian. I went to this meet and greet event in Boston alone.

This occurred during the Boston meet and greet hosted by Rodney from survivor to raise awareness and support for Kevin’s diagnosis of cancer. During the first portion of the event, all the Big Brother and survivor players were seated on a long table, and all the fans were in a single formed line so that we could get a quick autograph from each person. This meant that every fan had to go through each BB player in order to get to the next. The table was set up that the first person the fans came across was Gina Marie, then Glenn (bb18) and so forth.

The line was VERY long and we had to wait almost an hour before meeting anyone. I was never a fan of GinaMarie and wasn’t particularly too fond of her after her season, so I did not plan on getting her autograph. I was near the back of the line, and by the time I had reached the table it was pretty clear the BB players were ready to be done with autographs. When I got to the table, GinaMarie looked at me and said “Hi, want me to sign your paper?” I looked at her and quietly said “No thank you.” I figured that would be the end of that. She looked back at me and said “What?” I just ignored her because I was too excited about meeting the BB20 players. She then started talking to me again, and said “I’m talking to you, you punk”. I just kept looking away and then she said “if you wanna be like that why don’t you meet me out back? I’m not scared of you or the towel wrapped around your head” (she was referring to my hijab). At this point, I was pretty shocked and speechless so I didn’t say anything. Then I heard her saying “whatever, I don’t wanna be smelling like curry anyways” (referring to the fact that I am Indian).

Anyways, I was so shocked by this and her aggressive comments that I started tearing up. The only thing I remember is Glenn laughing loudly at her comments. I don’t even remember meeting the other BB players because I was in shock over what she said. About 10 minutes later, I went and sat down because the question-answer portion of the night was about to begin. However, a lady and a man who I think worked with security came over to me while I was sitting. The lady started talking to me and told me that I needed to leave because I was being “troublesome” and making the BB players “uncomfortable”. I was so upset and was tearing up at this point that I didn’t even say anything and just walked with the security guy out of the building. I went into my car and bawled my eyes out before finally just driving home.

Looking back, I wish I had stood up for myself and I think I was treated unfairly especially by being kicked out of the event. I wish I had said something, but the fact is I didn’t. I don’t even know why I’m sharing my experience and it happened a long time ago. It’s just taken me till recently to open up about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/...ston_meet_and/
I see someone hasn't changed and at the fan being kicked out because the bb players felt uncomfortable.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote