View Single Post
Old 31-12-2018, 03:05 PM #53
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I never said they deserve everything they get, my point is these are not refugees but economic migrants so calling them refugees is incorrect as often they do leave a safe countryto get here, obviously if they want to swap a tent in France or some other EU country for the UK then there must be better options here?

Your argument about they wanting a better life is solid, however if you turn that around and say people currently in the UK want a better quality of life by it not being over populated you call them racists so migrants are allowed to aim for better but people born in the UK must put up and shut up?
I've repeatedly said (in multiple posts in this thread alone, including the one you're replying to) that logistically it's impossible for a country to take in unlimited refugees and that sensible policies are required . My problem is when people (not you, people like arr Micky) express that opinion by demonising / being hateful towards / wishing ill (or death) on those trying to get in. There's a difference between "Sorry, for the good of our own citizens, we have to have limits" and "BLAAARRR FECK OFF AND DROWN WHY U EVEN TRYING TO GET HERE SCUM!!". No?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote