oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh god this forum is not ready for Judith Butler. In all the years I've had these discussions I've made a conscious effort not to reference her work

It's her reflections on sexed bodies (and how you cannot understand sex without gender) that I find most interesting, there is an extraordinary passage in Gender Trouble on that that I'll try and find at a later date

If you're interested in queer theory though I'd highly recommend Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick's Epistemology of the Closet, it's essential reading for The Gays and will change your life, trust! And obviously you can't understand sexuality without reading Michel Foucault either. Essentially my position/area of interest is no longer "hm, I wonder whether sexuality is innate or nurtured " but rather "the very notion of 'having' a sexual orientation in the first place is in fact the product of discursive formation". I've posted excerpts of these on here before so give me a shout if you want me to expand, it's the 6th January and I cba

I can't believe THIS is my first post in over two weeks Happy New Year y'all, btw
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote