BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
I thought they extended it to a couple of years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
So they haven't been forced to take it down then as they still have the lease for the land?

So, either a) They've decided to rip the house down anyway or b) They've decided to end the lease and therefore need to dismantle everything.

Either way, it isn't looking good for those supposed "discussions" some people still say they're having. Obviously not going very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Yeah I don't understand what the point in applying for a three year extension was (as opposed to a one year originally) if they were just gonna demolish it anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
I'm going to be sad when they tear down the actual house. All the TV history and legendary moments that happened in that building

Having said that if it ever comes back they need a new location
So, when they got their three year extension it was to retain the Big Brother House for a further three years - but without a production and no Big Brother in the foreseeable, Elstree are wanting the space back, which is completely fair enough. Most likely going to allow The Crown to extend their production and sets, considering it's already right behind where Big Brother is now.

Talks are happening with Netflix, or have happened and are being thought on, and I know that a move for Big Brother was already on the cards if the show actually got renewed anyway. The house at Elstree was completely unfit for purpose, being inside there and in the camera runs it was basically help up by tape at this point. It was damp, cold and was just patched up everywhere, bit of a nightmare overall. It's also basically costing more to keep the house up than it is to get rid of it.

If Big Brother does come back, don't expect to see a purpose built house like this. We're most likely going to be getting a Love Island style set up or a Big Brother Canada "house in a warehouse" feel, which is cheap and easy to produce, without hefty maintenance costs.

Last edited by Jarrod; 24-01-2019 at 12:55 AM.
Jarrod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote