View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 01:31 PM #35
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The blame for the crime always lies with the perpetrator but no one is saying that if someone did take her, they should be let off "because it was easy" - they should face the full force of the law - whereas I don't think someone who has lost a child should face ANY consequences even if they have been reckless but it should still be acknowledged.

"Millions" certainly don't do it, I've never done it and would never dream of it and I literally don't personally know any parent who would. I know SOME people do it but I'd say the exact same about them; they're being reckless. It is NOT "perfectly safe" even if you take the risk of abduction out of the equation. What if there's a fire? Or any other emergency? Hell what if one of them simply wakes up scared from a nightmare and can't find their parents anywhere? It's just not OK .

It's also not "victim blaming" comparable to sexual assault either. Parental responsibility is not comparable to individual responsibility, for a start, and also as above the risks of leaving a child alone go WAY beyond the risk of being attacked.

What you could compare it to, is a parent failing to put a seatbelt on their child and then that child dying in what would otherwise have been a non-fatal crash. Would you lambast them and call them scum? No, you'd still have sympathy for them as a devastated parent who has lost a child, but it DOESN'T change the fact that they ****ed up and that should be acknowledged. You wouldn't' say to others, "Hey you shouldn't bother with seatbelts because crashing is pretty rare anyway"... you'd say "Remember to buckle everyone up because look what happened to that poor kid". Surely.
what about letting your daughter drink at 16 and she chokes to death on vomit, what about letting her go to a concert at 17 with her pals and she takes a dodgy E - letting your 7 year old son go to the local park and he gets abducted on his way home?

That wee girl on the scottish island was in her bed and was not safe, the parents did not lock the house door - i have not heard much abuse about them?

to try and have a go at the parents after a child is abducted is gross, they decided what they has set up was safe and its their call. Maybe some parents think that the worst will always happen but some dont because it does not.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote