View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 12:29 PM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I'm always amazed at the way Communism is discussed, especially by younger people. How they revere the words and the quotes, how passionate they are about it. When in reality Communism has killed FAR more people than Fascism ever did. I mean, they carry Stalin flags at Labour meetings and apparently that's perfectly acceptable. I've seen a picture of Mao Tse Tung in a gallery on the South Bank, done in a funky, Warhol-esque stylie and the person I was with said, can you imagine the outrage if they'd used Hitler's face? When in fact Mao killed 45 million people, some say as high as 60 million. And Stalin was responsible for at least 20 million people, some say that figure is much higher. Compared to those two, Hitler was a bit of an amateur. I don't understand why all these regimes aren't equally reviled.

But they're not. In stead, we have a young woman, cool and collected, spouting Marx.... with no irony at all and I imagine ready to call someone a Nazi at the drop of a hat. I mean, David Starkey isn't handling it well, but at least he can probably remember what Communism is responsible for.

Last edited by Livia; 13-04-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote