¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I'll be honest in that I lost a lot of personal motivation in running this when I allowed Josiah to take the reins and sort of manage the whole thing with me. Part of what I found enjoyable about this game was being able to do it at my own leisure, without much need for creative design and video editing skills, and it being a sort-of off-the-cuff event where everyone tried to either make us laugh, create something interesting or actually record a song. I think the spirit of the event was always comedy, but I definitely wanted to allow other paths into the game. As that side got more prominent it became a lot harder to judge because you're using the same criteria on two completely different fields; the idea of "judging on effort" is pretty consistent but how do you say a genius parody is better than someone coming up with their own song?

So - all of this coupled with my inability to commit as much time for the past few years (I remember I was called away for over a fortnight before Christmas, and when I accept work like that my first thought, funnily enough, isn't "...but what about TiBB Eurovision?") has left this very much a bit of an afterthought on here for me.

I do think games in general have deteriorated but I suppose that's partially down to my lack of awareness of the chat threads nowadays and I could just be snottishly writing them all off because I'm not in the cool crowd any more but I do think members are happy to just chat endlessly in Big Brother-style games and do little else. I know that in itself takes effort, and commitment, and the people running games now presumably enjoy the same workload I used to with word-files, folders of images saved to your laptops, vote counts, task ideas, and practice-posts all over the place but the games I ran always required something creative or different to the usual old "post 500 times between X and Y" format (although I definitely used that from time to time if I felt lazy )

This is all a very long-winded way of saying that game-management for me is something I haven't felt in a long time and maybe it'll return one day, maybe it won't. But I definitely began to feel alienated by this game in particular and the direction it took. And I don't in any way mean that as a sign of disrespect to Josiah because he's poured a lot of heart into this for years now. I just think we poured our hearts into different ideas of the same thing.

I think if I ever get around to designing a game again it'd be something I've tried and tested before, solo. I just don't know if the forum is really interested in...games that aren't chat threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 27-04-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote