View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:12 PM #14
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I assume it'll be three parts. I do think a fair bit might be cut from the original though. The Chocobo farm, Kalm, Fort Condor spring to mind as potential part 1 ommisions but if they make it so that each part roughly covers a disc from the original then I can see them potentially moving some things around to buff the run time of parts 2 and 3.
I personally highly doubt the 3 parts will represent the three discs... Disc 1 is more than half of the (storyline) game, and disk 3 is very short - only needed a whole disc because it has a large number of FMV videos which took up loads of space back on the PS1.

I can honestly see them padding out a lot of the opening Midgar chapter and the bulk of the first game being in Midgar... potentially even ending after the bike chase... although it could end after Junon with Jenova BIRTH being the final boss. In fact, I think Aeris' death (spoiler? lol?) / Jenova-LIFE might even be a good call for the end of Game 2, and that's the end of Disk 1.

I agree that things like Chocobos are likely to only feature later on when they become more relevant i.e. catching / training / racing. There's no way they'll cut things like the bike chase, breeding a gold chocobo, or the other Gold Saucer minigames completely though. They're too integral to FFVII.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote