View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 05:26 PM #15
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I personally highly doubt the 3 parts will represent the three discs... Disc 1 is more than half of the (storyline) game, and disk 3 is very short - only needed a whole disc because it has a large number of FMV videos which took up loads of space back on the PS1.

I can honestly see them padding out a lot of the opening Midgar chapter and the bulk of the first game being in Midgar... potentially even ending after the bike chase... although it could end after Junon with Jenova BIRTH being the final boss. In fact, I think Aeris' death (spoiler? lol?) / Jenova-LIFE might even be a good call for the end of Game 2, and that's the end of Disk 1.

I agree that things like Chocobos are likely to only feature later on when they become more relevant i.e. catching / training / racing. There's no way they'll cut things like the bike chase, breeding a gold chocobo, or the other Gold Saucer minigames completely though. They're too integral to FFVII.
I'm personally hoping for two parts, end the first part where disc 1 ends and have the second part carry on until the end of the game since that death is a naturally good point to end the first game on.

I do think it'll be three parts though and if the first part is all Midgar then there's going to be a lot of cuts from the last game OR if they keep the three parts resembling the three discs, they'll add a lot of cut stuff from Disc 1 to the other parts.

If it's three parts or more, I'd bet money that we'll see the release of the first game very soon since I think that they'll likely have to complete the season before the PS5 comes out on which they can release a 'complete season' edition on it. If it's two parts, I think we'll see it at Christmas/New Year and then half way through 2020.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote