View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 12:42 AM #5128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I know a lot of fans will be "I told you so!" about the rapid deterioration of this show's writing since, perhaps, season 5 or 6... but that was something else. A ridiculous fireworks display of absolutely no character depth or subtlety.

So many brilliant characters snuffed out with a blink-and-you'll-miss-it. Varys? Gone immediately. Qyburn? Randomly smashed against a wall. The Hound/The Mountain was a brief distraction. Euron/Jamie? A mild fracas on the beach. Cersei, the baddest bitch of them all? Basement collapsed.

Entire new storylines are just thrown away at the drop of a hat. No more golden company, despite knowing nothing about them. Iron Fleet all disappear immediately, unable to do what they did in 5 seconds last week.

I found myself drawn to the mother/daughter that saved Arya but that was about it.. everything else just pissed me off and this show is as dead as every interesting character (bar Arya/Sansa/Tyrion (and obviously Brienne)).
I never bought into the decline of the show. I feel that was mostly book readers just being obnoxious once the show timeline went past it.

Season 6 had 3 episodes that easy could be considered the best of the series. This season has been so rushed though...

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote