View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 01:39 PM #5199
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/...ng-differences

GRRM says show would need another 5 seasons to be faithful to the books..

If only. Would much have preferred more talking, less action and the story actually told properly, things left to develp at a sensible pace rather than turning Dany into a bipolar psycho overnight
At least, I'd have thought... the pace has upped dramatically since season 4. I was watching a season 1 episode yesterday and I swear half of the run time of the episode was taken up by TWO face to face conversations... and they didn't even drag... it had my attention the entire time. These days they'd have killed two supporting characters and 10,000 redshirts in that time.

Plus the passing of time is much more realistic; it takes them 3 episodes to travel from Winterfell to King's Landing when Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon etc are travelling there, and there are indications that the journey took weeks (e.g.Joffrey is bitten by Nymeria on the journey, and by ep 3 when Cersei is changing his dressing in KL it's almost healed and he's worrying about the scar). How long did it take Arya and The Hound to ride to KL?? An hour and a half??
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote