View Single Post
Old 17-05-2019, 09:56 AM #5323
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I don’t buy the whole “they love you they don’t love me” thing re Jon and Dany, it’s the North that love Jon and even then not all the north seeing as he bent the knee to Dany, the south wouldn’t give a **** about Jon and even if they know about Jons claim, if he has bent the knee to Dany and Dany is the person that (would have) liberated them from a queen they all hate they’re hardly going to call for someone else to take the throne, it’s not like the common people care about lineage
Another thing that doesn't make sense is that although people will now know he's a Targaryen, they DON'T know that he's "died and come back" which is the loophole that got him out of the Night's Watch... as far as everyone knows, Jon is still a member of the watch, and joining the watch involves giving up any claim to hereditary rule. The only reason he could leave, is that the oath said "until death" and he died.

But if he really doesn't want to be king he can just say "I swore an oath to the Night's Watch so..."
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote