View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 01:35 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Shakeel Afsar needs to be arrested. This is not Saudi, he cannot dictate that gay people are not equal members of society and entitled to love whomever they wish. I saw this unutterable knob interviewed on TV and he banged on constantly about how his Roman Catholic friend is outraged about the curriculum and how it clashed with his religion. But I don't see any Roman Catholics making arseholes out of themselves, trying to drag us all back to the middle ages. They hate gays. A large proportion of them slice the clitoris off their own girl children with no aesthetic and sew them up so they can just piss and bleed. Where are all the people who are usually howling about a woman's "right" to wear a burka, and telling us it has nothing to do with the subjugation of women?

While moderate Muslims don't advocate any of this stuff.... they are not the problem.

And before someone says that some Jews hate gays and oppress women... I totally and utterly reject any form of fundamentalism.
Pretty much every religion hates gays though. Shakeel is a ****, these parents are ***** but there's a lot of muslims who don't have issues with muslims. You might not hate the gays, but like with all religions, there will be a lot of jews that do. You have to accept that, while organised religion is ultimately bad, not everyone who follows it is and you can't talk in broad strokes about a religion when every religion has it's fundamentalist nutjobs, Judaism included.

As for the Burkha, Hijabs and the like. If it's the woman's choice to wear it and she isn't in an area in which hoodies or face coverings of any kind are a problem then it's her choice whether she wants to wear it. If it's not a choice then that's the problem but otherwise, I believe women should wear whatever they damn well please.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote