View Single Post
Old 18-06-2019, 09:07 AM #6
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
certain fish foods on cruise ships i also heard something about, which can have the salmonella bacteria

but yeah meat if not baked long enough can include a bacteria, this i know for a long time now, that's why some people, some also including children gotten ill at BBQ party's with half raw hamburgers

when i was on holiday in america, and i did eat meat back then, me and my parents Always asked for it to be baked ''well done''

now some think of certain types of lettuce also having that salmonella bacteria on them, so we wash our vegetables with good bit of warm water, the ones we eat in salads
Yeah "rare" burgers can be a big culprit, because people think that red meat is safe to eat while it's still pink, because (for example) you can eat steak rare or medium... BUT the mistake people make is not knowing that that only applies to whole cuts of meat. The "risky" part on red meat is the exposed surface of the meat and the "inside" should be fine, so it's fine to eat steak rare - because you are flash-frying or grilling the external part and killing harmful bacteria - but NOT raw, and also, as soon as a piece of meat is minced (as it is in a burger) the "outside part" is mushed up through the whole thing and so it has to be completely cooked through before it's safe to eat.

The French especially are AWFUL for serving "rare" burgers in restaurants where the inside is still pink. No thanks, reeeh.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote