View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 09:24 AM #20
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
This comment here troubled me a bit, for a moment I was thinking oh maybe he's right why are we all focusing on that and not the child murders? but why that "one sex scene" is much much much more focused and is more "wrong" is because the child murders and also beverlys sexual abuse by her father are all put forward as being wrong in the book whereas the "sex scene" (even calling it that sounds gross when it involves children) is put forward as being positive and empowering for a victim of sexual abuse. I wonder if Stephen King ever spoke to a victim of child abuse/sexual abuse or anyone who works with victims to get an opinion on it because I would find it hard to believe they would have told him this was a good way to deal with it
Aint it always the case

Sounds like this was random and unneeded and I am curious as to why he felt the need to add it in. 'Finally being adults' does not really do it for me as..you don't need to have an orgy to be an adult.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 20-06-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote