View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 03:14 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
You are tying yourself up in knots here.. if the big spenders don't want to bet online and the FOBT is capped where are they going to spend their money?
It may not help the economy but i hope it does, should bookies close and the temptation at every turn removed on the high St hopefully those who may have an issue will be able to resist the urge.
I'm aware high staking customers are not all customers, they are however those who are being aided by the regulation here. Again I think regulation is a good thing and store closures are a good thing. Yes theRe are some job losses but ultimately I'd say that's for for the greater good of aiding gambling addicts.
I've not tied up any knots. You're the one misunderstanding what I've written.

I didn't say the economy wouldn't be affected. I said the customers who either willingly move away from stores or are forced to due to store closures will most likely go online, therefore not having much of an impact outside of the industry. Therefore, based off that, I found your hypothesis of the economy gaining signifanctly less likely.

The big stakers, however, will be turned away from online gambling. The people I refer to are a minority tens of thousand of pounds a month gamblers. Not your more casual gamblers who make up a majority of the customer base in my own experience. But, again, there's no real guarantee that someone who is hooked on gambling to that degree will not find some way of emptying it all into FOBT/Bandit machines instead of spending all that cash on something else.

Literally all I said Kizzy, in two separate posts.

I hope the addicts and problem gamblers benefit from the legislation too. But as long as gambling exists the temptation will be there and, sadly, the industry as a whole isn't budging.

Last edited by Marsh.; 08-07-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote