View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 07:36 PM #56
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I've not tied up any knots. You're the one misunderstanding what I've written.

I didn't say the economy wouldn't be affected. I said the customers who either willingly move away from stores or are forced to due to store closures will most likely go online, therefore not having much of an impact outside of the industry. Therefore, based off that, I found your hypothesis of the economy gaining signifanctly less likely.

The big stakers, however, will be turned away from online gambling. The people I refer to are a minority tens of thousand of pounds a month gamblers. Not your more casual gamblers who make up a majority of the customer base in my own experience. But, again, there's no real guarantee that someone who is hooked on gambling to that degree will not find some way of emptying it all into FOBT/Bandit machines instead of spending all that cash on something else.

Literally all I said Kizzy, in two separate posts.

I hope the addicts and problem gamblers benefit from the legislation too. But as long as gambling exists the temptation will be there and, sadly, the industry as a whole isn't budging.
I get that you don't feel it will benefit the economy you have stated that several times... personally I still do maybe it won't be instantaneous but as those impulsive high stake customers are prevented from using the fobts to lose vast amounts of money in time they may seek help or find a new outlet fir their addiction?..