View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 11:26 AM #60
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Ha. I 'gave up' online gambling in October last year whe I signed upto gamstop thinking it would be a useful tool in stopping me gambling, as advertised. I wish that meant I had not done it but no..still an issue at times. Its only very certain times though, its not really something I think about constantly anymore, more..lapses that lead to like..10 hour night bouts of just being utterly ridiculous. Seems to be generally when am medicated, as have said, I also have to be very very bored, usually in a optomistic mood, sometimes have recently been stressing about something I want to buy/pay for but do not have enough cash, and then with these things present, also the voice in the back of my head saying 'no dont, it wont end well' also disappears..when I think 'ah, I could try my luck'. The once the first deposit of the night is made and the actual spinning starts, well at that point am beyond reason. Even if the voice comes back I argue with it about how 'nah, it will be fine, a big win has to come soon' and such Ugh.

Its even worse recently, well since October, than it ever was. Because I know I have no chance of winning anything at all, as anywhere that lets me play will pull the 'excluded card' if I do happen to win. Yet still do it. And cannot really explain it.

I have found out through personal experience that gamstop is absolutely not a decent tool for problem gamblers, if anything, it makes things worse as it just gives operators who do still let you play despite all crowing about responsible gambling and such..yet another excuse to deny legitimate winnings. So instead of having a problem where you spend more than you can afford, but sometimes get a big win which 'makes up for it', you have situations where you have not had a win paid in 9 months, but still deposit even though you know wins are at best highly unlikely to be paid
You need to go on the news or talk to news papers this needs highlighting
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote