BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
I hate to challenge you/this but this is possibly wrong. He was offered £12,000 (same as CBB18) to appear in CBB19 (on launch I think?) but he rejected it because he was "the reigning champion and deserved more money". THEN the producers offered him more money to appear but he was, by contract, not allowed to accept the money/appear in CBB (but he wanted to because the money was apparently great/he couldn't 'turn it down) thanks to Celebs go Dating. So yeah the fact they tried to get him into CBB19 TWICE just screams "we love to polarise our viewers!"

But tbf, at the time of CBB19, all they had to do was go off was controversy/the backlash of Bear winning. But Helen was as controversial as they came and garnered a lot of Ofcom complaints yet BB16/the following series only suffered a loss of 170,000 viewers, and then BB17's numbers went up to 1.6 million. If Helen's win and return (bearing in mind BB17 followed Helen's much more controversial stint in BB16) didn't impact viewers, would Bear have if he returned? (well, probably not in the long-term, since it seems the damage was done/people stopped watching Big Brother after Bear. Not to say a good number of people got tired of the format, but it's a bit odd/not entirely coincidental that we saw a relatively large decrease in viewer numbers after Bear's win, but that's treading on your point alol)

Now whether the producers now would make the correlation between Bear's win and the viewing number decrease is another thing. But it's worth noting Helen was banned from BOTS/Big Brother altogether following BB16, while Bear was never banned despite similar levels of controversy. But that said, I don't recall seeing him on BOTS in CBB22/BB19 when I would assume his contract no longer prevented him from Big Brother appearances, so who knows where they stand on him

Source for £12k/being offered more money and his contract not allowing an appearance: https://www.celebsnow.co.uk/latest-c...-minute-626994 (also documented on other news websites so probably very valid, but after skimming this is the only article to give a reason/the contract)
I meant in the context of a UBB2 following BB19 rather than having him on CBB19. By the end of the show they (finally) had a new decent production team who seemed understand the show better and wouldn’t have asked him, given the lasting damage his win caused the show (longer than the backlash against Helen)

Last edited by Greg!; 03-08-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote