View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Another saying how..morbidly fascinating this whole thing is. I really do need to read up on it all properly (I do with so many serial killers and..disasters) because the story behind it all..its so weird. How on earth do you get so many people to actually go and murder strangers, just on your say so?! Mental.

Was he actually done for murder, if he didn't actually commit any?
It really is fascinating. Twisted, shocking and brutal yes, but fascinating all the same. I recommend the book “Helter Skelter”, it’s by Vincent Bugliosi who was the main attorney on the case. It has all of the ins and outs it’s incredible, from the cult to the crime scenes to the trial and interviews. It’s like an all-time bestseller.

According to Wiki:

Quote:
In 1971, he was convicted of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of seven people. Although the prosecution conceded that Manson never literally ordered the murders, they contended that his ideology constituted an overt act of conspiracy.[4] Manson was also convicted of first-degree murder for the deaths of Gary Hinman and Donald Shea.
They would have been put to death if they’d done it any earlier but that was abolished in the early 70’s so what were originally death penalties were later changed to life in prison.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 09-08-2019 at 08:24 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote