BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
I'm on about the fact that they based a random VTS from the public each week plus this game changer thing every single week which no other series has. The series was very much against the basic premise of nominating people and the ones with the most votes are the only ones facing the public vote. All the Ch5 series had many twists but they still basically related back to how nominations work usually. CBB22 finished only like less than a week before BB19 aired as well and that series was praised for being back to basics. There was also this long-running stigma against the show that it wasn't following the formula it normally is. And every year viewers had that same promise only for it to be tarnished. And BB19 was frankly the worst offender of this since... BB18.
BB19 never promised it would revert to “the normal format” or “back to basics.” Not once. They said there would be a consistent format, and normal noms/2HM’s with the most noms facing eviction, a weekly viewer nom and a weekly gamechanger all fulfilled this promise. BB19 was also advertised as having “mind games”, and again the viewer nom fulfilled this promise as it caused paranoia amongst several HM’s. It was stated throughout the series that CBB22/BB19 intended to mix “back to basics” with new ideas aswell, not just one or the other.

The BBUK format, at its most basic form, is weekly nominations and the 2 HM’s with the most noms face eviction. THAT is the BBUK format at its simplest. BB19 has this format, as well as additions such as the viewer nom and gamechanger (as it had been on air for 18 years so needs to change sometimes, stated by Emma.) This is what they meant by mixing old/new BBUK together and therefore they stayed true to their word