BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F
Default Nicki Minaj fans confused as she gives shout-out to Margaret Thatcher

Quote:
Nicki Minaj fans were left confused last night after she gave an unexpected shout-out to former UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher during her radio show.

Minaj’s ‘Queen Radio’ on Beats 1 has proved to be predictably fiery so far, with the rapper previously using the show to call out Travis Scott earlier this week after he beat her in the US album charts.

But things got even stranger on last night’s show, when Minaj offered an unexpected name check for the late Iron Lady.

“Shoutout to Margaret Thatcher”, Minaj was heard to say.

The comment came only moments after she likened herself to US Civil Rights hero Harriet Tubman and soon resulted in widespread confusion among fans.

Others were quick to point out the social upheaval experienced in Britain during Thatcher’s eleven years in power.

“As if Nicki Minaj just did a shoutout to Margaret Thatcher on the radio.. she’s about to ruin her career just like Thatcher ruined Britain”, one Twitter user said.

Another argued: “Nicki Minaj aligning herself with Harriet Tubman and then giving a shout out to Margaret Thatcher in the same breath… how polarising”.

Earlier this week, it was announced that Minaj has been forced to shelve the American leg of her co-headline tour with Future.

“This is all happening because I pushed my album back two months and I just finished writing and recording literally hours before the album came out”, she explained.

“Now, I simply don’t have the time to rehearse and be on the road and give you guys the level of a show I need to give. I really apologise but it will be worth it.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/nicki...ut-out-2370356
What kind of alternate timeline are we living in rn

Spoiler:

ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB): 6th/12

I'm a TiBB Member 4: 3rd/16 & Highest Placed All-Star (1st/8)
TiBB on Ice: 4th/15
ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB) 2: 3rd/17
TiBB OTT3: 2nd/13
Underscore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote