Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Watched this last night as part of a double bill with the first one and I loved it! Amazing from start to finish. Much better than chapter 1 which was already a fantastic film and very hard to beat.

I was very sceptical about chapter 2 as it would focus on the Losers when they're older. I really loved the child performances in part 1 so I had strong doubts that the adult actors could match them, but boy, how wrong was I. The adult actors did a phenomenal job, equally matching (and in Bill Hader's case surpassing) their child counterparts. It also helps that they all looked like the kids. Adult actors nowadays rarely look like the child actors they play in films.

I was shocked by
Spoiler:

Stan's suicide early in the film. I never read the book or watched the original TV series, so I was not expecting that. I do wish he hadn't killed himself. His and especially Eddie's deaths were heartbreaking. The Loser's weren't complete without them two.

Bill Skarsgard was astonishing, much better than his first appearance and way, way creepier, sinister and evil. He really should be nominated for an Oscar.

The ending was sweet, although I would've preferred
Spoiler:

if Bill and Beverly got together rather than her and Ben. I like Ben but she had a much better chemistry with Bill.

Overall, I give this 9.5/10. Gonna watch this again next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote