View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 11:12 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Trish

I doubt it tbh, Big Brother was so successful back then because there was nothing like it, it was a brand new thing and you could argue nowadays that Big Brother is no different to other reality shows like love island, circle and geordie shore, If it weren't for Big Brother we would not have had any of these shows.

Getting back to you're question, i think the format is still strong and solid and maybe you could attract a good audience but with shows like love island it does not stand a chance unfortunately. Reality tv's main viewers are the younger generation of 16-34 year olds and i think with love islands success in the UK,

Love Island suceeds because it has a solid structure and will garner an audience every year.

I think with Big Brother if you got the right people (casting, producers,) the right format and stuck with it for a few years and like love island you could slowly but surely gain more popularity.

I'm very sorry if i have gone off topic a number of times
But I don't think it would be as big of a success, back then reality tv was just becoming a big thing
aaronneely2017 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote