View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 09:37 AM #656

Here's more from other fans:

"She was in great spirit, super playful, to the degree of deciding to sit in the front row with the audience and chat with a guy and have some of his drink!

I’m going to be roasted for this, but I got MAJOR Blonde Ambition vibes from the dynamic yet sparse staging. It’s a VERY theatrical show that loses the grip sometimes but overall it’s really well put. Honestly no body else can pull off a show like this other than M.

Here’s what I can remember:

The opening was very theatrical and dramatic, beautiful words projected all over the stage about freedom and being an artist, I won’t do it justice by trying to explain it.

- The Typewriter is a theme that runs along the show, you feel like you’re part of a story. Set is stairs that come apart, move around, have doors and alcoves, they are used plain and with projections. Minimal yet rich!

- [Natural hair] She opened with God Control in a colonial (?) outfit, then Dark Ballet, followed by a groovy jazzy 90’s wonderful Human Nature (best live version of the song) and a great short acapella Express Yourself featuring all the ladies of the troupe including her daughters

- Cute on stage costume change hidden behind a screen with lots of playful banter.

- [Blonde Spy wig + black raincoat] Vogue, IDSIF (very Blond Ambition Dick Tracy), Papa Don’t Preach Changing the lyrics to “I’m NOT keeping my baby” at the end and then talking about woman’s rights to do as they please with their bodies, American Life.

- We journey across the world map.

- [Batuka dark wig + glittery blue body suit similar to one in album photos]

- Beautiful version of Batuka with all the ladies, she just looks so lovely in the wig!! Happy, radiant, energetic.

- a short Fado song, she introduced the grandson of the famous Fado singer who passed away, then they go into Killers, more percussions and instruments, great vocals without vocoder, made up for the cringe worthy lyrics. The chorus and outro were beautiful.

- Setting: a beautiful street scene (think a much more authentic version of the Billboard awards set) with lovely designs. Crazy, cute made up song about welcome us to her Fado world with a bit of Bonita, then Sodade, and Medellín. Love her in this wig and outfit, I could watch a whole show of her in this garb!

- Extreme Occident, Minimal set with moving stairs. Rescue Me spoken word (she’s not on stage) with the dancers doing amazing rhythmic movements.

- FROZEN: a highlight for me. I kinda don’t want to spoil the reveal, I’ll let others do it but I wish nobody would because it made it even more
magical not knowing what we were seeing. Goosebumps. She had the “i Rise” single cover clothes on, all dark stage with her being the only visible thing + with projections of a dancer over a transparent screen. Magical. Breathtaking vocals, live strings, slight percussion. I’d kill to experience that again.

- Come Alive, my favourite song from the album, very colourful and lively, all the Batukians were in colourful caftans but Madonna was in her Crave video dress for some weird reason. Lively performance.

- Future, Madonna playing the Piano!!! A very cool version of the song. I felt that it had different lyrics at some point but please correct me if I’m wrong. I enjoyed this arrangement, a lot more experimental.

- And now the final part. The least cohesive and rushed part. Crave dance remix. Dancers in disco-ish clothes, giant disco ball. Did nothing for me, felt very forced because the show needed a lighter upbeat song but I don’t think it worked. I felt that she should’ve gotten into Get Together at some point and it would’ve made sense.

- Disco becomes Like a Prayer in Eurovision clothes. M & the choir are on the stairs and they make an X with her in the middle.

- Curtain comes down, and time for the Encore: I rise. Good song, nothing exceptional. Back in Crave dress. She left the stage from the middle of the crowd and kept singing, similar to the MET Gala ending (Aka singing off stage).

- no tour book yet, will be ready for next week.

- Merchandise different variations of the pop-up ones + new stuff. So grab some from both of you want all the merch haha.

- People stood up in the and didn’t sit. If people behind you are sitting please be respectful and sit your ass down, we all had a great view of the stage you didn’t need to stand when others didn’t.

- She sounded good, it was all live. Sound quality wasn’t that great in some of the songs though.

- She said the show wasn’t still finished, so I wonder if anything will change with time.

- The last act is really jumbled up and not cohesive.

- For a Theater show it felt long, by the time Crave came on I was ready to go lol, Come Alive would’ve been a great ending.

- Yes, not enough old songs but it was a celebration of Madame X and once you’re there, you get it and you’re with her along the ride.

- Crazy + Crave could’ve been replaced by oldies that made more sense.

- Debbie Mazar, Rosie O’donnel and Anderson Cooper where in the audience. Guy Oseary was in one of the boxes. Don’t know if there was anybody else there.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote