Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Diane Abbott gets up on stage and says she thinks they'll win a General election and tells Boris to "bring it on." A week after they bottled having an election offered to them by Boris. These people have absolutely no shame or sense of honour.

After 2017 not myself or anyone in Labour fear an election.

It's not bottling anything with a PM that is neither worthy of trust, nor can or should be trusted to not manipulate an election to satisfy the rabid hard-line extremists in his party, and some of the more extreme leave voters, to have the whole UK hurtling to a no deal brexit.

Labour, all the Nationalist parties except the DUP, the Lib Dems, Greens and Independents.
ALL want, the no deal deadline passed of October 31st then secured to not happen.

Then IF he still doesn't himself fear an election from his own Con party's own private polling, he will get one.
Once the October 31st deadline has passed.

I wouldn't get so cocky this election will be any better for him than 2017 was for Mrs May.

I don't expect an overall majority for either Cons or Labour.
What he could find is a much stronger Lib Dem representation after the election.
Be careful what you wish for.
Mrs May thought she'd just stroll in 2 years ago.
Johnson can't hide away in an election campaign like he did in the Con leadership election.

If you believe polling, that's your affair..
They've had nothing right for 3 elections and for years now.

Last edited by joeysteele; 23-09-2019 at 08:29 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote