View Single Post
Old 27-09-2019, 04:05 PM #4
-

-

Do you have an article on this Arista? As I can't find one anywhere.

Personally I'm pro-vax but 100% against government mandated medical procedures. That's never going to change, I'm afraid.

It's also a debate that gives me a massive headache because the "facts" quoted by militant anti-vaxxer AND by militant pro-vaxxers are all utter ****ing nonsense. Rational debate on this went out of the window a LONG time ago. One side has kids dying instantly of brain swelling on being vaccinated - the other is screeching that everyone is going to die of chicken pox and insisting that childhood survival rates in the modern world are mainly down to vaccination. Hint: they are not, they are thanks to sanitation, antibiotics, hospital care and modern fever reduction and rehydration methods. This is well established statistical fact. But if you try mentioning that in a pro vax debate several people will unfailingly lose their heads and start bawling that we're all going to die of rubella, and that vaccines are 100% safe, which that are not. Go and get vaccine box and read the little leaflet inside.

I'm annoyed just thinking about it right now

Facts:

- Vaccines carry risks
- The effectiveness of vaccination is over-emphasised in terms of mortality reduction
- However, vaccine-preventable illnesses have a HIGHER RATE of risks of largely the same things as you'd get as a vaccine side-effect
- So vaccines ARE still a good idea if you understand anything about statistical risk. It's safer to have them than to not have them (by a long way)
- ...I'll still never advocate government-mandated medical procedures. Ever. Of any kind.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote