View Single Post
Old 27-09-2019, 04:58 PM #9
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Do you have an article on this Arista? As I can't find one anywhere.

Personally I'm pro-vax but 100% against government mandated medical procedures. That's never going to change, I'm afraid.

It's also a debate that gives me a massive headache because the "facts" quoted by militant anti-vaxxer AND by militant pro-vaxxers are all utter ****ing nonsense. Rational debate on this went out of the window a LONG time ago. One side has kids dying instantly of brain swelling on being vaccinated - the other is screeching that everyone is going to die of chicken pox and insisting that childhood survival rates in the modern world are mainly down to vaccination. Hint: they are not, they are thanks to sanitation, antibiotics, hospital care and modern fever reduction and rehydration methods. This is well established statistical fact. But if you try mentioning that in a pro vax debate several people will unfailingly lose their heads and start bawling that we're all going to die of rubella, and that vaccines are 100% safe, which that are not. Go and get vaccine box and read the little leaflet inside.

I'm annoyed just thinking about it right now

Facts:

- Vaccines carry risks
- The effectiveness of vaccination is over-emphasised in terms of mortality reduction
- However, vaccine-preventable illnesses have a HIGHER RATE of risks of largely the same things as you'd get as a vaccine side-effect
- So vaccines ARE still a good idea if you understand anything about statistical risk. It's safer to have them than to not have them (by a long way)
- ...I'll still never advocate government-mandated medical procedures. Ever. Of any kind.
Can't disagree with any of this. Its utterly insane the way both sides go on in vax debates, its embarrassing sometimes. My kids are vaccinated, however, it was my choice to do so, just made the most sense. I did know there were (so small its almost negligible) risks but took the 'chance'.

I would not agree with vaccinations being forced on children tbh. Imagine you were made to do it and you were one of the unlucky few and the child had a bad reaction..just..doesn't seem right at all.

Not sure how I feel about banning unvaccinated kids from school either. What are the options? Given a child HAS to have an education legally? Would it be forcing parents to homeschool..something the huge majority of parents probably couldn't do anyway? IDK really..
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote