View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 01:23 PM #13
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I read this, this morning...and this to me is a great representation of so much that is awful in politics atm...this has been a huge story and as PM of the country, it’s something he should be aware of...even a quick briefing or whatever, is surely the thing...a country leader should not say ...’I’m sorry, I’ve never heard of her...’...with something that has been a huge focus in his country’s media...but it’s not only that he has complete ignorance himself...

‘Turning to his aides in the studio in Manchester, Mr Johnson asked: "Does anybody know about Naga Munchetty - hands up?"

The Prime Minister started laughing as his entire team but their hands up.’

...it’s that he finds his own and his team’s ignorance of great amusement...because it kind of puts her down...Naga Munchetty who..?...I don’t know ha...it really is social media politics and the lowest of the low...when our leaders are meant to be people who we look at to ‘raise’ our society and to be aware of what is happening in the country around them...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-john...072300854.html
I agree that's the narrative I get from thst exchange too, she is of no consequence. ..she's a minority and she's female...ergo nobody worth paying any attention to whatsoever.
He will have been briefed prior to the interview, had he wanted to he could've had a considered response ready, but no he chose not to...very telling.